Tata Motors is continuously advanced in launching electric vehicles in the Indian market. Tata Xpres-T electric sedan is another EV in Tata Motor’s fleet. It comes with 2 variants such as Xpress-T XM+ and XT+. The starting price of this electric car is 9.45 Lakh to 10.64 Lakh with tons of features. Tata has also introduced the new EV concept known as ‘Avinya – a pure EV concept‘.
Unique Features and Specification of Tata Xpres-T EV
Tata Motors has launched this Xpres-T in the Indian market with some amazing features & specifications. In this article, you will find the overall knowledge about the electric car. Let’s check this out-
|Motor:||72 V 3-Phase AC Induction Motor|
|Max Power(kW@r/min):||30 kW @ 4500 r/min|
|Max Torque(Nm@r/min):||105 Nm @ 2500 r/min|
|Transmission:||Automatic, Single speed|
|Emission:||Zero Tailpipe Emission|
|Battery Capacity:||21.5 kWh|
|Max Speed:||80 kmph|
|Charging System:||AC and DC standard charging|
|Fast Charging Time:||0 – 80 percent (with 15kW charger) 110 min*|
|Normal Charging Time:||0 – 100 percent 11.5 hours*|
|Front Brake and Rear Brake:||Disc and Drum|
|Seating Capacity:||5 persons|
|Boot space:||255 Litres|
|Rain Sensing Wipers||Yes|
|Door open and Key-in Reminder:||Yes|
Design and Comfort of the new Xpres-T electric car
- Front Grille: Having an Accent-themed grill (blue humanity line on front upper grille) makes Tata Xpres-T more attractive
- LED Tail Lamps: With Crystal-inspired LED high mount lamps gives more visible
- Coupe-Inspired Profile: The Xpres-T electric car features a break-free Coupe-inspired roofline
- Wheels: Stylish alloy wheels (alloy wheels in XT+ only) and stylish wheel rims given with this electric sedan
- Premium Interior Theme: The premium black theme makes this EV a high-quality premium look with EV accent highlights
- Seats: The Xpres-T features premium fabric seats
- Easy Home Charging: One can charge Xpres-T easily at home from any 220 V 15 A socket
- Automatic AC: It has an automatic climate control feature in both the variants
- ePAS: ePAS with tilt adjustment
- Power Windows: Provides power system for all 4 windows
- Sunvisor: Having a sunvisor makes it more comfortable when driving
Safety and Security of Tata Xpres-T Electric Vehicle
- Dual Airbags: Dual airbags are provided for driver and co-driver which gives an enhanced safety
- ABS with EBD: ABS with electronic brake-force distribution technology to optimize braking distance and ensure vehicle stability
- Body Structure: The EV has an energy-absorbing body structure architecture with a Cocoon-like safety cell
- Parking Sensor: Rear parking sensor is available with this electric car
- The seat Belt Reminder feature has been given to the driver
- An automatic door locking facility is activated while driving
- Tyre pressure monitoring system has also been given for stress-free drive
Other Features of Xpres-T Electric Car
|Infotainment||Yes (Digital clock, |
Trip meter, Distance
to empty, etc.)
|Warranty||Standard 3 years or |
125000 km whichever is earlier
Tata Xpres-T having all the above specifications and features makes it a good choice within the price range of 10 lakh with the government incentives. Although Tata Motors also launched their new Tata Nexon EV Max recently with more features and new technologies. You can see the review of Nexon EV Max.
Frequently Asked Questions
What variants are offered in Tata Xpres-T Electric Vehicle?
Tata Xpress-T is available in 2 variants- XM+ and XT+
What is the range of Tata Xpres-T EV?
ARAI certified range is 213 km per charge
What kind of battery pack is offered with XPRES-T EV?
It comes with a 21.5 kWh battery pack
What type of charger is provided by Tata Xpres-T?
Regular 15 A AC charger
How much time does it take to charge fully?
0-80 percent in 110 min with DC fast charger and 0-100 percent in 11.5 hours with a regular AC charger
Can I get FAME II government subsidy for Tata XPRES-T?
Yes, you can get subsidies up to Rs 2,15,000/-
How can I find the service center of Xpres-T?
You can visit the official site of Tata where you can find dealer locations and you can service your car there. For the official link click here.